Star Trek Online

Play it? Watch it? Listen to it? Post it! Discuss Movies, TV, DVDs, CDs, and Evangelion! Compare Computer, Video, Pen & Paper, Sports, and any other games you want. Most anything entertaining is fair game.
pike
Crazy Person

Re: Star Trek Online

Post by pike » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:35 am

I have LT-7 at the moment and enjoying it, I love the space combat, you feel like a battleship not a fighter zipping around.

O and using voice commands (http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=89634) is like the best thing ever. "Engage" and my ship goes to max thrust and full impulse.

I am looking forward to see what they make for the game, somthing where you have to fight your way deep into Borg space and kick some ass

calmingpie
Crazy Person

Post by calmingpie » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:25 pm

hey all,

just a quick note to let you know that the Real Life Fleet, "Genesis Project", has been founded and is open to ... pretty much anyone with a sense of humour ;)

right now there are only a few 'officers' capable of inviting (the people who were around the day Greg formed the fleet), but if you are interested, just send any member of the fleet a message and we'll try and get back to you asap.

alternatively, you can send an in game mail to Number One@calmingpie (my character), so I have your toon name to send an invite to, the next time i log on :)

Greg Dean
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Greg Dean » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:52 pm

Thanks, calmingpie! I haven't had much of a chance to log on and take care of stuff, so I appreciate you steppin' up. :)

KBPCarl
Crazy Person

Post by KBPCarl » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:07 pm

I am all about giving a Fleet a try. If only to get rid of some of low level stuff in my bank. :)

calmingpie
Crazy Person

Post by calmingpie » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:11 am

i am very much NOT stepping up :P i just have a little free time after Chinese New Year to spend online :) back to the grindstone and late late nights tomorrow :(

thankfully you left us 'founders' promotion privileges, and the rank below us can still invite - have spread the power a little so things are looking up. last time i checked we were up to 36 members after a day-and-a-half. nice mix of ranks too - we have a couple of rear admirals and more people are getting to captain every hour !

it'd be nice if you could design us a fleet uniform some time though :D

Opirian
Crazy Person

Post by Opirian » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:15 am

Hehe, some of us met tonight and got together on Greg's bridge to do a couple group shots, here is one I took, sadly I don't remember every ones name.

Yes that is Greg sitting through the ground.
Spoiler: (click to reveal/hide)

Greg Dean
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Greg Dean » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:39 pm

Sorry about that... Liz needed me to help her with some brainstorming stuff for school, and that takes top priority. :) We'll have to arrange a time to get together for realz in the near future.

BTW: If you haven't yet, head to genesisprojectfleet.com/forums and sign up there. That's where all the fleet stuff will happen going forward. :D

Shadowknight1
Crazy Person

Post by Shadowknight1 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:23 am

After steadfastly refusing to play an MMO of any kind, I decided to download the free demo. Mainly cause I wanted to be sure it wouldn't run on my computer(which was the #2 reason behind not playing it). And not only did it run well on my POS laptop, it was a lot of fun. Though after I got the code for the Wrath of Khan uniform, my female alt character took over my primary male character. What can I say...she looks 1000 times better in that uniform. Just cause she has boobs. *waits to be pelted by every female on the forum* Still need to join a fleet to open up that last uniform slot though...and it's a tough call between the open jacket version of the WoK uniform...or the TOS miniskirt uniform. :P And I've already "messed" myself up by planning on jumping ship types(someone told me that's not a good idea, but strategy guides for FF7 always say not to load Cloud down with materia and I do it anyways). My first ship is a light cruiser(natch), modified Miranda/Centaur/Shir'kahr class, the U.S.S. Mjolnir(named for Thor's hammer). My current ship is a Constitution refit class named the U.S.S. Caliburn(named for the Sword in the Stone..which came before Excalibur, sort of how the Connie refit came before the Excalibur class...get it?). My next ships are already plotted out in my head: An Akira class called the U.S.S. Durandal(named for a holy sword from "The Song of Roland" and a recurring Final Fantasy weapon); A Defiant class called the U.S.S. Gungnir(named for Odin's spear that never missed it's target); and at 5th tier, a Luna class named the U.S.S. Hyperion(named for Seifer's gunblade in Final Fantasy VIII, and in keeping with the Luna class naming convention of being named after moons, it is named for one of Saturn's small moons. Also named after the Greek Titan god.) So yeah. Anyways. Very enjoyable game so far, and I'm really pleased to see that Cryptic seems to be listening to the players.
Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Althalus
Crazy Person

Post by Althalus » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:59 am

Free to play!

Is the Real Life fleet still going? Now that it's free to play I just started and would love to join up!
Leonardo Da Vinci wrote:"Once you have flown, you will walk the Earth with your eyes turned skyward; for there you have been, there you long to return."

Jamie Bond
Agent 0.07
Agent 0.07

Post by Jamie Bond » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:23 am

Star Trek? Isn't that for like, nerds?
"Go get the Happy!"

TomXP411
Crazy Person

Post by TomXP411 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:56 am

Althalus wrote:Free to play!

Is the Real Life fleet still going? Now that it's free to play I just started and would love to join up!
Yes, the fleet is still going. Its name is "Genesis Project", and we'd love to have you.

If you get in, please message one of us:
@katrin_melki
@JuddSandage
@Vaarel
@DrMaelstrom
@Opirian

those are all people who are on regularly and can accept you in to the fleet.

Also, the fleet has its own forum (courtesy of Greg) over at http://genesisprojectfleet.com/