Entertaining Rants and Raves

Play it? Watch it? Listen to it? Post it! Discuss Movies, TV, DVDs, CDs, and Evangelion! Compare Computer, Video, Pen & Paper, Sports, and any other games you want. Most anything entertaining is fair game.
tnitnetny
Redshirt

Re: Entertaining Rants and Raves

Post by tnitnetny » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:57 pm

Rant: I want a beta key. :(
Rave: Spore coming out soon!

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:22 am

StruckingFuggle wrote:
Deacon wrote:Tom was usually the one picking a fight with Jerry, actually.
Picking a fight? You mean being a cat? Who hunts mice?
I don't know how to discuss human matters with you in a manner that your species might understand.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

StruckingFuggle
Redshirt

Post by StruckingFuggle » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:47 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR9BsLERi4c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUQiHq1A ... re=related

This one is a particularly perfect example of, yes, the cat is largely innocent of the mouse's cruel torment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFeFlGKu ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-1xx7zG ... re=related

Jerry is the cruel but cute antagonist of Tom And Jerry, I rest my case.
"He who lives by the sword dies by my arrow."

"In your histories, there are continual justifications for all manner of hellish actions. Claims of nobility and heritage and honor to cover up every bit of genocide, assassination, and massacre. At least the Horde is honest in their naked lust for power."

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:08 am

Oh please. Now you're just being stupid. You found one where, though Jerry saves the king's life, he's the villain because after being hounded by Tom's attempts to murder him his whole life, he gets the opportunity to put him through comic trials to keep from waking up the king? That's your big ace in the hole?

We're getting back to the stage where I'm trying to figure out when you're pulling our leg and when you're just Fuggle, Fuggling things up.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

ampersand
Redshirt

Post by ampersand » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:20 am

Rant: Fuggle and Deacon arguing about Tom and Jerry. Don't you two have some girlfriends to be chasing after or something like that?

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:21 am

Not until 10 tonight :P

Actually, that reminds me, I should go get ready.

StruckingFuggle
Redshirt

Post by StruckingFuggle » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:22 am

He save's the king's life and then when Tom is ordered, by the king, to catch the mouse, and warned that if he's roused, he'll go to the headsman ... and what does Jerry do with that knowledge? ... Rouse the king. I notice you leave the whole motive for the conflict out.

And notice, it's not even Jerry who calms him down, he;'s content to sit and watch - it's just the obnoxious and insipid little mouse who scampers up to put the King back to sleep. Jerry was content to make the King execute him.

Generally, it's just Tom being a cat, trying to catch a mouse - often, at the order of some human who wants the mouse dead - and the mouse tends to respond with a combination of excess violence and taunting, or tricking Tom into hitting someone else or rousing someone's ire and then letting that person abuse him for half an honest mistake and half mousey machinations ... with a sense of humor, "look how much pain I'm inflicting on this cat".

Heck, even when Tom's just trying to get Jerry to go away or strop drinking the milk, or stop eating the human's food, he's still the one who gets clobbered.

"In your histories, there are continual justifications for all manner of hellish actions. Claims of nobility and heritage and honor to cover up every bit of genocide, assassination, and massacre. At least the Horde is honest in their naked lust for power."

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:33 am

If you ever reproduce, drown the poor wretches in milk as soon as the umbilical cords are cut.

StruckingFuggle
Redshirt

Post by StruckingFuggle » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:40 am

Reproduce? And pass on my fucked up shitty genes and family medical history? That would be ghastly and cruel. :(

Jezebel
Soapy's Choice

Post by Jezebel » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:45 am

If someone/thing were trying to kill me, I would certainly do everything in my power to make their lives miserable. Why would I care if they were just doing their job or what they are supposed to be doing? They are still trying to freaking kill me. The cat is supposed to kill the mouse but should the mouse just sit there and take it? I suppose you would just say "Yes, kill me cat!" and throw yourself upon his sword?

Also, it's a freaking cartoon

StruckingFuggle
Redshirt

Post by StruckingFuggle » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:46 am

Jezebel wrote:Also, it's a freaking cartoon
hence why I haven't been treating it very seriously, though I can't be speacon for Deacon.

spikegirl7
Redshirt

Post by spikegirl7 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:52 am

Rave: Dragon mount. Sweet.
'What is morality?'
'Judgment to distinguish right and wrong, vision to see the truth, courage to act upon it, dedication to that which is good, integrity to stand by the good at any price.'

StruckingFuggle
Redshirt

Post by StruckingFuggle » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:55 am

Drake, technically. :p

BUT CONGRATS

Man, that thing is a grind, though it had some fun quests (the races) and THE best quest, ever. You know the one.

spikegirl7
Redshirt

Post by spikegirl7 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:44 am

No, skeletal dragon. DK flying mount. It is awesome.
'What is morality?'
'Judgment to distinguish right and wrong, vision to see the truth, courage to act upon it, dedication to that which is good, integrity to stand by the good at any price.'

StruckingFuggle
Redshirt

Post by StruckingFuggle » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:09 am

...oh. Heh. Right. You're in beta. Neat.

DKS GET THEIR OWN MOUNT? LAME.

LAME.

Paladins sort of make sense. Warlocks, even. But ragh! Hunters should, too! More than Pallies (unless you want to rip of DnD) and Warlocks, and it even makes sense! Bah. Pfft!

=p
'
Cool.