Entertaining Rants and Raves

Play it? Watch it? Listen to it? Post it! Discuss Movies, TV, DVDs, CDs, and Evangelion! Compare Computer, Video, Pen & Paper, Sports, and any other games you want. Most anything entertaining is fair game.
Nukinblackmage
Redshirt

Re: Entertaining Rants and Raves

Post by Nukinblackmage » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:51 pm

How do you know they are advertising? Have you seen them advertise? Do you sit in the LFG channel all day? If so, gtfo, cause you WILL get people asking you to go places or don't complain about it.

Also, like Arres said, there have been many a time when I'm just in a haze and someone goes "Hey, wanna run X instance?" and then I go "I do, in fact, want to run X instance."

Also, a lot of people don't pay attention to people spamming for "LFM for instances", especially if they spam General with it. That in mind, it's sometimes faster and easier to just send a person of the class that you want a personal tell to ask if they are interested in running an instance with you.
By Fire We Are Purged
Damned women and their emotions! -FireAza
"Luck is a word the ignorant use to define their ignorance. They are blind to the patters of force that drive the universe, and they name their blindness science, or clearheadedness, or pragmatism; when they stumble into walls or fall off cliffs, they name their clumsiness luck." - Tan'elKoth in Blade of Tyshalle

StruckingFuggle
Redshirt

Post by StruckingFuggle » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:56 pm

And a lot of people don't seem to know about the LFG Tool (which, granted, could use someA LOT* of work) and/or forget to get back set up after ending up in a group, so oftentimes there's someone wanting / who wants to run something / anything, but isn't advertising it.

Oh yeah, and if you ARE using the LFGT, and this goes for everyone, and imagine it in BOLDED BLOODY CAPS, add a note about your spec and your relevant stats, it makes things a lot easier, and cuts down on people mistaking you for something else when they see even just, say, "Resto Druid" versus "Panzbear" versus "Thunderchicken", though it's nice to know things like dps/(x)p/crit or heals/regen, and unbuffed ap; and mit/hp/not-get-hit-combined-stat for tanks, etc, so we can pick the best of your lot ... I mean, avoid inviting someone who's woefully undergeared.
"He who lives by the sword dies by my arrow."

"In your histories, there are continual justifications for all manner of hellish actions. Claims of nobility and heritage and honor to cover up every bit of genocide, assassination, and massacre. At least the Horde is honest in their naked lust for power."

Nukinblackmage
Redshirt

Post by Nukinblackmage » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:00 pm

Oh, yes, and:
RAVE: FORCE UNLEASHED DEMO! Oh my god it is good. It is sooo good.
Rant: I can't wait for another 26 days, I want the game now! It's done, give it to your wanting masses!
Rave: For the first time ever, while playing the demo, I felt like I was in the Star Wars universe. Like I WAS Starkiller. That it was me tossing TIE Fighters around like they were toys for children, like it was me grabbing a Stormtrooper, charging him with Force Lightning, and then tossing him into a group of 20 of his comrades and watching the charged one explode like some sort of lightning grenade, killing all his friends.
Rave: Have such a huge Star Wars boner right now.
By Fire We Are Purged
Damned women and their emotions! -FireAza
"Luck is a word the ignorant use to define their ignorance. They are blind to the patters of force that drive the universe, and they name their blindness science, or clearheadedness, or pragmatism; when they stumble into walls or fall off cliffs, they name their clumsiness luck." - Tan'elKoth in Blade of Tyshalle

Tigger
Redshirt

Post by Tigger » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:13 am

To answer:

I do not hang out in LFG because I'm not looking for one. Most adverts I see are either in trade or general - depending on what area I'm in and if trade is available. I don't even join the LFG chat - if I want to join a group, I'll form one. I know they are advertising because I'll see "LFM - need tank/heals/dps for X dungeon" or whathaveyou. Then I start getting whispers "What spec are you? Can you come tank for us? Can you DPS for us?" I've been in too many PUG's gone horribly wrong to really want to do that much. If a friend asks, sure..and I have made a few friends in PUG's, mostly rogues. But a random person asking? Not on your life. And no, I won't give you gold because I'm 70 and no, I won't help you with a quest when I'm in the area for 10 minutes.

Pally's aren't strictly tanks, Deacon. You should know this. In our guild I am out-healed by an epic-geared priest and a druid. The priest does have better BH than I do, but both have HoT's...which do indeed make a very large difference. If I could find a way to make my pally have that, she'd really kick ass. As it is, she's not bad...unless she tries to tank. DPS is right out - she'll never do that.

Yes, I sound bitchy. I am bitchy. I just want to be left alone to do my quests and help my guildmates.
Spoiler: (click to reveal/hide)
[quote="bagheadinc";p="724695"]That's because your head is empty and has excellent acoustics. :P[/quote]
Deacon wrote:Lady, people aren't chocolates. You know what they are, mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.
My Amazon wish list

StruckingFuggle
Redshirt

Post by StruckingFuggle » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:38 am

/rage

I'm sick of commercials using awesome songs that don't exist to sell their jazz, getting me jazzed up to get my hands on the song and then finding out IT DOESN'T EXIST.

This has notably only happened twice, but the first time was enough.

Raaagh.

Notably, Mastodon's cover of "One" for Army of Two, and the "I'm a Mercenary" song for Mercenaries 2: World of Flames.

RAAAGH.

</rage>

"In your histories, there are continual justifications for all manner of hellish actions. Claims of nobility and heritage and honor to cover up every bit of genocide, assassination, and massacre. At least the Horde is honest in their naked lust for power."

StruckingFuggle
Redshirt

Sports Rants and Raves

Post by StruckingFuggle » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:43 am

Post your rants and raves related to sports. This way, at least, we shouldn't have the regular rants and raves thread or general entertainment rants and raves thread replete with retarded complaints about sports.

Except sports your dog plays. Those aren't really sports.

adciv
Redshirt

Post by adciv » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:23 pm

Rave: Cubs in 1st! Cubs in 1st!
Rant: The Apocalypse is nigh!
Repensum Est Canicula
The most dangerous words from an Engineer: "I have an idea."
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson

The Cid
Redshirt

Re: Sports Rants and Raves

Post by The Cid » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:39 pm

StruckingFuggle wrote:Post your rants and raves related to sports. This way, at least, we shouldn't have the regular rants and raves thread or general entertainment rants and raves thread replete with retarded complaints about sports.
This is in "Entertaining Rants and Raves."

Also, bite off. You really don't need to add in little shit like "retarded" in there. But since you've already trashed my night job in a separate thread, why not shit on the subject material for my columns too? (I keed, I keed. And most sports stuff I see anymore is kept in separate threads with sports-related titles by the way.)

Rave: This means I can mention baseball without using the Y-word thread!
Rave: Usain Bolt. People can say what they want about his exuberance, but I find it fun to watch as he wasn't really taunting his opponents so much as celebrating his accomplishments.

If we're going to have a separate thread for everything, can't we just give Fuggle his own forum to play in and be done with it? (Kidding again.)
adciv wrote:Rave: Cubs in 1st! Cubs in 1st!
Rant: The Apocalypse is nigh!
They're so good this season. I can't help but wonder, what's going to do them in at the worst possible moment?

Rave: Jokes aside Adciv, I'm about four years past calling any baseball accomplishment "impossible." I know Cub fans don't handle optimism well (my mom is living proof of that), but I'll say this: never in my lifetime has there been a Cubs squad quite like this one.
Hirschof wrote:I'm waiting for day you people start thinking with portals.

adciv
Redshirt

Post by adciv » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:59 pm

The Cid wrote:Rave: Jokes aside Adciv, I'm about four years past calling any baseball accomplishment "impossible." I know Cub fans don't handle optimism well (my mom is living proof of that), but I'll say this: never in my lifetime has there been a Cubs squad quite like this one.
Yours, mine, our parents, grand parents and possibly some of our great grandparents. Cubs in 1908!
Repensum Est Canicula
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson

The Cid
Redshirt

Post by The Cid » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:13 pm

100 years...I have to wonder if there's anybody alive that actually remembers the last time. (Not just "was alive for it," but has some recollection of the 1908 Cubs.) I'm sure if there is, we'll see them on national TV before all this is over.

adciv
Redshirt

Post by adciv » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:39 pm

Oh I hope so. Maybe they will even get free tickets to the game. We sure as hell won't be able to get tickets to the game.
Repensum Est Canicula

The Cid
Redshirt

Post by The Cid » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:15 pm

You'd definitely have to try and get to the city of Chicago to watch at least one of the games though Adciv if it gets to the point I dare not even mention (because baseball fans are extremely superstitious). Just trust me on that--if you could fit a three day trip to Chicago in and the opportunity manages to present itself (again not going to say how), you've gotta get there.

adciv
Redshirt

Post by adciv » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:17 pm

My parents are from Chicago and I still have relatives in the area. If I get tickets, I will be going and hauling my grandmother along with me.
Repensum Est Canicula

Jezebel
Soapy's Choice

Post by Jezebel » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:25 pm

Hey, if the Sox can win, why not the Cubs?

Yay Chicago!!!

StruckingFuggle
Redshirt

Post by StruckingFuggle » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

The Cid wrote:
StruckingFuggle wrote:Post your rants and raves related to sports. This way, at least, we shouldn't have the regular rants and raves thread or general entertainment rants and raves thread replete with retarded complaints about sports.
This is in "Entertaining Rants and Raves."
Yeah, but if Arc gets his own sub-R&R just to keep the annoying gaming raves and rants out of the main thread, and there can be a bunch of them, then it'd be nice at the same time to also keep the sometimes lots of annoying sports R&Rs in their own little ghetto, too ...

If Sports R&R gets merged with ERR, because "technically sports are entertainment", then logically ER&R should get merged back with R&R, because R&R covers everything, and Entertainment is both a part of "everything" and they ARE "rants & raves" ... QED, given the logic behind the formation of this thread, Sports should be fine, too.

You really don't need to add in little shit like "retarded" in there.
You know I called it 'retarded' because I was copying Arc's OP here, yeah? He called stuff retarded, ergo I end up calling stuff retarded.