Entertaining Rants and Raves

Play it? Watch it? Listen to it? Post it! Discuss Movies, TV, DVDs, CDs, and Evangelion! Compare Computer, Video, Pen & Paper, Sports, and any other games you want. Most anything entertaining is fair game.
DarkOwl
Redshirt

Re: Entertaining Rants and Raves

Post by DarkOwl » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:43 pm

Whats the point of asking new people to sign up, if he posts take a week to be moderated so everyone can see them

Might as well close down the "new applications" for the board, or close the board all together.

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:13 pm

Nooooooooo! Don't encourage him! He's a cunt.

In fairness, I've never seen Russell Brand do stand-up. He might be Tommy Cooper reborn for all I know. I just can't get past the fact that he's the King of all Vaginas ruling from a giant vulva-shaped throne.
To Let

The Cid
Redshirt

Post by The Cid » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:26 pm

I'm with Rorschach on this one. I find Russell Brand to be annoying. His mannerisms and delivery bother me too much to even consider his actual jokes, which for all I know are hilarious. He strikes me as the kind of comedian that appeals to people who drink Red Bull and those 5 hour energy shots. Too "amped up."
Hirschof wrote:I'm waiting for day you people start thinking with portals.

Seir
Redshirt

Post by Seir » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:31 pm

And if he does of a heart attack on live tv he can be Tommy Cooper re-died!
Yo Mav, I'm real happy for you and Imma let you finish but Hirschoff had the best sig trends of all time.

The Cid
Redshirt

Post by The Cid » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:43 pm

Rave: Natural Selection 2 rocks. The original completely ruined me on most PC shooters, because it was so much better than all of the others. (Though I did enjoy TF2 pretty thoroughly, and I still play GoldenEye Source on occasion, but that's more of a nostalgia thing.) It was everything I wanted in a shooter: unique gameplay (nothing like playing as an alien), well-structured team play (even the worst player on your team can help your team significantly just by existing), and elements of RTS with the commander mode. It is really good to have that back.

Rant: My computer has extreme difficulty running NS2 on even the lowest settings. Not that I won't keep trying until my video card melts.

JermCool
Redshirt

Post by JermCool » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:58 pm

Rant: Halo 4.

OK, 343, the one lesson you should have taken away from Bungie: stop making these games to tragically short! Perhaps I was spoiled by the Mass Effect series, but I want more than 4 hours of gameplay. You put 2 discs in the box and I got really excited. Nope...second disc must be for multiplayer crap again.

As for gameplay. Hijacking a vehicle used to be fun. Now it seems to be an exercise in futility. "Oooh, that Ghost will come in handy...SPLAT!" (Repeat 5 times) Fuck this. I'll just blow it up.

And you're going to start AND END the game with quick-time-events? You've just given us a potentially awesome final boss which we've only had in Halo 2 and we don't even get to fire a single shot at him. Thanks a freaking lot.

Also, you need to do a bit better at giving back story. It's been a long time since I played Halo 3 and while I did get the achievement for finding all the artifacts, I totally forgot their contents. It was also not core to the game, so I'm betting I'm not the only one who went "Who the hell is this guy?" and "What the fuck are you talking about?" a few times before giving up and looking online to figure it out.

But you're still a Halo game, so I will hand over my money like the slave I am. Feeling mildly bitter and dirty, but quietly accepting my fate. Just next time, give a reach around?
Insert Banner Here
"The internet is bullcrap! And everyone on it is retarded!" - Muspar
"All threads should degenerate into the bumming of JermCool." - Rorschach

ampersand
Redshirt

Post by ampersand » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:51 pm

Rave: This article about how sick and tired the writer is about Man U. Hey, Cid, could you check out Raymond James Stadium for us to see if you can find the trolls he's talking about?

The Cid
Redshirt

Post by The Cid » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:52 pm

I liked that article too.

I could go on about Manchester United. I blame them for everything bad that has happened to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers since the Glazer family went to Manchester. As a Bucs fan, I feel obligated to root against Manchester United when they're on television here, which is pretty often. (I'm not any nicer to Liverpool Parasite Club, either.)

ampersand
Redshirt

Post by ampersand » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:53 am

Rave: Got off early tonight, in time to watch Marquez v Pacquiao 4. In a word: Damn.
Major Raves: What's the Spanish for Fight was Rigged? I'm pretty sure this was said a lot of times.
Would not be surprised if there's a Marquez v Pacquiao 5.

(Edit: Yes, Rorsch, I watched it at a pub. They're in walking distance to my pad. This would be a nightmare if I were a member of a religion which eschews alcohol.)

The Cid
Redshirt

Post by The Cid » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:48 pm

ampersand wrote:Would not be surprised if there's a Marquez v Pacquiao 5.
Is it entirely over for the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight that people actually want to see? Does this loss end it once and for all? I'm so mad at boxing. The two best fights possible are Mayweather-Pacquiao and Klitschko-Klitschko, and neither of those fights are going to happen, so I'm out until two new great fighters come along that are actually willing to fight one another.

collegestudent22
Redshirt

Post by collegestudent22 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:49 pm

[youtube]diP-o_JxysA[/youtube]

New Kirk vs. Space Sherlock! Still no word on who the villain character actually is, apparently...
Frédéric Bastiat wrote:And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works.
Count Axel Oxenstierna wrote:Dost thou not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?

ampersand
Redshirt

Post by ampersand » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:40 pm

I think Pacquaio and Mayweather is over. I understand why the Klitscho brother won't fight each other. There just isn't the pool of talent in Boxing that there use to be.

MMA might have to look into that possibility themselves.

The Cid
Redshirt

Post by The Cid » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:09 pm

Rave: Modern Seinfeld. Excellent use of Twitter.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:22 pm

Rant: I don't know where this show "Arrow" came from, I think on ITV1 or Sky One, but it's just awful.

Rave: An Idiot Abroad on the other hand is brilliant.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

The Cid
Redshirt

Post by The Cid » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:52 pm

Deacon wrote:An Idiot Abroad on the other hand is brilliant.
Seconded. I think I'd watch Karl Pilkington do just about anything at this point.

Rave: Boardwalk Empire. It took two seasons or so to get to the point, but when it got there it was worth it.

Rant: Boss got canceled. Personally, I thought it was amazing and I wanted to see it take one more lap. Best two-season cable show nobody watched since Carnivale.

Rave: I guess now that there's not going to be another season of Boss I could always fill the gap with The Hour.

Rant: All of this talk is just biding time until new episodes of Justified.