Entertaining Rants and Raves

Play it? Watch it? Listen to it? Post it! Discuss Movies, TV, DVDs, CDs, and Evangelion! Compare Computer, Video, Pen & Paper, Sports, and any other games you want. Most anything entertaining is fair game.
Arc Orion
Redshirt

Re: Entertaining Rants and Raves

Post by Arc Orion » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:10 pm

He actually explained it at the end of one of his reviews, Fuggle. Now that he's got a bit of an audience, he doesn't want to continue using other people's music illegitimately. Apparently, he likes the music he now has being done for his reviews.
I need fewer water.

Nukinblackmage
Redshirt

Post by Nukinblackmage » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:03 am

Confession: I actually like the intro and outro music for Zero Punctuation now.
By Fire We Are Purged
Damned women and their emotions! -FireAza
"Luck is a word the ignorant use to define their ignorance. They are blind to the patters of force that drive the universe, and they name their blindness science, or clearheadedness, or pragmatism; when they stumble into walls or fall off cliffs, they name their clumsiness luck." - Tan'elKoth in Blade of Tyshalle

collegestudent22
Redshirt

Post by collegestudent22 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:32 am

Me as well.... I think that it is just as good as the old stuff. Besides I watch it for the jokes anyway. If they had the new intro go on more than the 20 seconds or so it has now, that might be a problem, but as it is, no problemo.
Frédéric Bastiat wrote:And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works.
Count Axel Oxenstierna wrote:Dost thou not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?

ampersand
Redshirt

Post by ampersand » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:19 am

Spoiler Raves & Rants: (Soul Calibur 4)
Spoiler: (click to reveal/hide)
Rave: Soul Calibur 4. Very good game.
Rave: Having Darth Vader, Yoda, and an Apprentice as three playable characters.
Rave: Lots and lots of characters to choose from (as well as making your own).
Rave: Not all of the girls are extremely busty!
Rave: Ivy and Taki though, are still very busty. Busty ninjas...there's a webcomic in there somewhere.
Rant: Somewhere out there there is already an Setsuka - Hisame Shizumaru hentai out there already. (Because both characters uses parasols as weapons.) Hisame Shizumaru is from the Samurai Showdown series.
Last edited by Jezebel on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added information on what was being spoiled

Jezebel
Soapy's Choice

Post by Jezebel » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:20 am

You know, it really helps to know what is being spoiled before you have to read it and find out.

StruckingFuggle
Redshirt

Post by StruckingFuggle » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:23 am

None of 'em seem very spoilery, either...
"He who lives by the sword dies by my arrow."

"In your histories, there are continual justifications for all manner of hellish actions. Claims of nobility and heritage and honor to cover up every bit of genocide, assassination, and massacre. At least the Horde is honest in their naked lust for power."

Jezebel
Soapy's Choice

Post by Jezebel » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:29 am

I've never played the games before so I have no idea if any of it would be considered spoilers or not. Nerds do take their video games very seriously sometimes so I guess it's better safe than sorry. But if you're going to go to the trouble of spoiling something for gods sake say what it is you're spoiling outside of the tags.

collegestudent22
Redshirt

Post by collegestudent22 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:49 am

StruckingFuggle wrote:None of 'em seem very spoilery, either...
That's might be because every single one of them was common knowledge BEFORE the game came out....
Frédéric Bastiat wrote:And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works.
Count Axel Oxenstierna wrote:Dost thou not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?

bagheadinc
Bay Harbor Butcher

Post by bagheadinc » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:56 am

And the fact that it's a fighting game...not a whole lot to spoil. That aside, Soul Calibur IV rocks (other than the fact that it takes freakin' forever to load stuff)

Also...
ampersand wrote:Rave: Having Darth Vader, Yoda, and an Apprentice as three playable characters.
Wut? Currently you either get Darth Vader or Yoda (depending on whether you have PS3 or Xbox360). Unless you are referring to the rumors of people unlocking the hidden content on their disc. Unless I've missed something, the Vader/Yoda DLC hasn't been release yet.

ampersand
Redshirt

Post by ampersand » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:57 pm

Actually, according to the official Soul Calibur 4 guide they had out while other people were playing the game out at Sam's Club, if Yoda or Darth Vader are playable, the others (and the Apprentice) are hidden characters. Although on the Soul Calibur 4 website, Yoda and Darth Vader are mentioned as characters. There are five other unlockable characters, including Ashlotte, a female robot, Scheherazade---yes that Scheherazade from 1,001 Tales of the Arabian Nights fame---and Angol Fear, a catgirl-looking woman out to defeat Algol, one of the two new characters and probably the end-boss of most of the already included characters. (I think the guide called her a goddess, but I'm not sure. Only in anime would a someone even remotely looking like a cat-girl be considered a god.) By the way, according to Wiki, the Apprentice, who is an apprentice to Darth Vader, is named Starkiller.

Honestly, I must like the last person to notice when new games are out. Sorry.

bagheadinc
Bay Harbor Butcher

Post by bagheadinc » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:53 pm

Yes, all of that is true. Your original post made it seem like you were saying you had all three. Currently you get 2 of the three. Either Yoda and Apprentice or Vader and Apprentice.

StruckingFuggle
Redshirt

Post by StruckingFuggle » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:44 am

Doesn't this belong more in R&R?

Anyway. What the hell sort of ballless people have I become stuck with tonight? Every WSG I've gotten into, trying to get my daily BG done, has been filled with spineless defeatists who aren't even going to try. It's not even that they don't UNDERSTAND how to win, it's that they don't care to try, they lack the will to win.

What the hell? WHAT. THE. HELL. Where's the spirit to fight? Where's the will to win? WORMS. The lot of 'em, WORMS.

I'll bet everyone misses my tone there, but what else is new...? /sigh

And what's with this whole ""horde doesn't win" or "horde always wins" BG X or BG Y in this battlegroup"? It makes no sense or logic! It's not statistically sensical!

... AND I JUST ZONED INTO WSG IN THE MIDDLE RIGHT ON TOP OF A HOSTILE ROGUE AAAGH WTF.

"In your histories, there are continual justifications for all manner of hellish actions. Claims of nobility and heritage and honor to cover up every bit of genocide, assassination, and massacre. At least the Horde is honest in their naked lust for power."

Arc Orion
Redshirt

Post by Arc Orion » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:29 am

StruckingFuggle wrote:Doesn't this belong more in R&R?
Well, I guess if this does, so might another thread. The whole point is to get this sort of crap out of that section. There are already too many dumb posts with people complaining about WoW or some other damn game in RLF instead of posting about it in a place where it might matter. At least this way, people might know which thread to avoid reading.

Rant: A good remake/sequel/"spiritual successor" to Star Control II still hasn't been made. Hurry up, gaming industry!
I need fewer water.

StruckingFuggle
Redshirt

Post by StruckingFuggle » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:36 am

Arc Orion wrote:Rant: A good remake/sequel/"spiritual successor" to Star Control II still hasn't been made. Hurry up, gaming industry!
Yes. Indeed. Someone give the people who actually know what they're doing a lot of money, and do it now! We need a good 4x game in a good universe with great writing and delightful alien creatures and fun ship-to-ship combat! NOW.

:(

Greatest (well, favorite-est, at least) PC game ever...

Jezebel
Soapy's Choice

Post by Jezebel » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:08 pm

Golden Girls isn't being shown in its usual 8-9am slot this morning :mad: