Entertaining Rants and Raves

Play it? Watch it? Listen to it? Post it! Discuss Movies, TV, DVDs, CDs, and Evangelion! Compare Computer, Video, Pen & Paper, Sports, and any other games you want. Most anything entertaining is fair game.
Arc Orion
Redshirt

Entertaining Rants and Raves

Post by Arc Orion » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:56 am

Post your rants and raves related to forms of entertainment here. This way, at least, we shouldn't have the regular rants and raves thread replete with retarded complaints about video games.

This is a thread for rants and raves relating to video games, music, movies, sports, television shows - anything of an entertaining nature. Except your dog. Your dog is not that entertaining!
Last edited by Arc Orion on Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
I need fewer water.

Jezebel
Soapy's Choice

Re: Entertaining Rants and Raves

Post by Jezebel » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:59 am

Rave: Did anyone else watch The Mole?
Spoiler: (click to reveal/hide)
I was super happy that Mark won, he was the nicest of all the players and wasn't a total ass like so many of them. Craig being The Mole made me happy too, I'm so glad Nicole didn't get anything!

kaiju01
Redshirt

Post by kaiju01 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:00 am

To this thread and its maker:

bagheadinc
Bay Harbor Butcher

Post by bagheadinc » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:10 am

Rave: In a week, I will no longer have to suffer through my sister and mother watching every goddamn reality show that airs.

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:12 am

Rant: Reggae is boring. Bob Marley is boring.

There. I said it. It needed to be said and I said it.
To Let

tnitnetny
Redshirt

Post by tnitnetny » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:31 pm

Jezebel wrote:Rave: Did anyone else watch The Mole?
I was super happy that Mark won, he was the nicest of all the players and wasn't a total ass like so many of them. Craig being The Mole made me happy too, I'm so glad Nicole didn't get anything!
I just watched the ending last night.
I kept thinking it HAD to be Craig. They wouldn't cast someone that wasn't able to do all the things like that. I loved how he came off like he was trying so so hard. I loved that Mark won. I can't believe he didn't know until the last moment that it was Craig though.
Rave: It was the first time I actually watched the Mole because of the lack of new programming in the summer and enjoyed it. I'll definitely watch next season.

Rave: Fall is almost here! That means new survivor and new Amazing Race!!

Jezebel
Soapy's Choice

Post by Jezebel » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:51 pm

I had never watched The Mole before, and I typically ate the reality game show genre, but I liked it quite a bit. Sadly, the ratings weren't all that great so it's possible that this will be the last year. :(

Terrene
Redshirt

Post by Terrene » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:16 pm

Rorschach wrote:Rant: Reggae is boring. Bob Marley is boring.

There. I said it. It needed to be said and I said it.
I love you for saying so.

Also I am sad I forgot to watch The Mole, I saw one episode long ago and it seemed awesome.

tnitnetny
Redshirt

Post by tnitnetny » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:31 pm

Terrene, I just looked at ABC.com and they do have all of the episodes up. They are careful not to reveal the winner or the mole on that page. Just don't look at the pictures of the clips and scroll all the way to the bottom and you can watch all of the episodes without being spoiled. This is, of course, if you haven't already been spoiled by finding out who the mole is and who won.

http://abc.go.com/player/?channel=111624

The Cid
Redshirt

Post by The Cid » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:21 pm

tnitnetny wrote:Rave: Fall is almost here! That means new survivor and new Amazing Race!!
(This reality TV stuff isn't going to stop until we do a real live Running Man or Truman Show, is it?)

Rave: Fall also means new Shield! And new It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia! FX effen rules!

Rant: FX's scheduling. The Shield always takes forever between seasons, and there's not going to be a new Rescue Me until March of next year. This is what makes me wish I liked reality TV: at least they don't take years to make a new season...

Rave: New album by the Presidents of the United States of America. Yeah, it's generic rock for generic rock's sake. It's simple and stupid and that's why it's been on a loop on my Winamp for the last 48 hours.

Rave: I also just this week discovered Velvet Revolver, speaking of rock for the sake of rock.
Hirschof wrote:I'm waiting for day you people start thinking with portals.

bagheadinc
Bay Harbor Butcher

Post by bagheadinc » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:15 pm

Rant: Kid Rock bastardizing Warren Zevon's music.

ampersand
Redshirt

Post by ampersand » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:51 pm

Ever notice the only show that wins an Emmy for Reality TV is the Amazing Race?
Rant: I would much rather have a reality television show that doesn't eliminate competitors almost from the get-go. (Heck, let them all hang around until the end. It would be much more interesting that way.)
Rave: Sports: the Original Reality Television concept.
Rant: Endurance: the absolute worst of the reality television shows, and it's for teens.

StruckingFuggle
Redshirt

Post by StruckingFuggle » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:55 pm

It's a bit overdue and late, but what the heck happened to the clever snippets of amusingly chosen songs that would often elicit a chuckle from the bookends to the Zero Punctuation reviews, and why were they replaced with a generic and mediocre theme? Is this a stupid move, some sort of forced licensing thing, or is it supposed to be some sort of imparasable attempt at byzantine, self-referential irony that's equal parts abortion and trainwreck, a mess that might have been delivering a decent payload of funny to somewhere in cleverville, but is now piled up and failed and left to be figured out with some of the important bits not lined up right?
"He who lives by the sword dies by my arrow."

"In your histories, there are continual justifications for all manner of hellish actions. Claims of nobility and heritage and honor to cover up every bit of genocide, assassination, and massacre. At least the Horde is honest in their naked lust for power."

Blackjack
Redshirt

Post by Blackjack » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:00 pm

Maybe he couldn't be bothered thinking of songs and adding them in every week?

ampersand
Redshirt

Post by ampersand » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:02 pm

Rave: Adult swim showing Venture Bros. shows online. I really would love to see them make a full-length movie.