Phantom Unread Posts

Let us know how we're doing on the forums, and pose any suggestions you might have or problems with the forums you may have found.
bagheadinc
Bay Harbor Butcher

Re: Phantom Unread Posts

Post by bagheadinc » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:28 pm

Also, RLF Theme 2.0 is coming...eventually. Once I get some free time myself. :shifty:

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Phantom Unread Posts

Post by Deacon » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:08 am

Is this an example?

The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

JermCool
Crazy Person

Post by JermCool » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:20 pm

Dunno. I'm not important or rich enough to have an iPad.

However, I am seeing it again in the Entertainment forum. Everything visible is marked as read, but according to the Board Index, there are unread posts there. I'm guessing more spam deletion.

If only there were a way for the moderators and administrators to let the general public know if they had deleted stuff or were blatantly misusing their power...
Insert Banner Here
"The internet is bullcrap! And everyone on it is retarded!" - Muspar
"All threads should degenerate into the bumming of JermCool." - Rorschach

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:40 pm

JermCool wrote:Dunno. I'm not important or rich enough to have an iPad.
Picked up some distracting sheep habits during your stay in Kiwiland, eh? ;)
However, I am seeing it again in the Entertainment forum. Everything visible is marked as read, but according to the Board Index, there are unread posts there. I'm guessing more spam deletion.
Right, same here. If you mark the Entertainment forum as read, it still shows at least one unread post in there. The only way to defeat it is to go to the forum root and mark EVERYTHING as read.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

Martin Blank
Knower of Things
Knower of Things

Post by Martin Blank » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:28 am

This may be due to the unapproved posts. When you do a global "mark as read" it doesn't actually mark threads read so much as it resets the last date that everything was read. In a given forum, it marks everything as read that you can see. Since this does not include unapproved posts, that may be the discrepancy.
If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:52 am

It seems like this remains a problem, by the way. Do we need more mods to approve/reject initial posts?
bagheadinc wrote:Also, RLF Theme 2.0 is coming...eventually. Once I get some free time myself. :shifty:
Been a busy year, eh? ;)