Interest Check: Survival Horror 2 (now with more violence)

Come on in and join the fun! Note: This is a role-playing only forum. Preface out-of-character remarks with "OOC:"
Cyberliger777
Crazy Person

Post by Cyberliger777 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:19 am

At least someone got the joke. I was scared no one would.

Bandersnatch
Crazy Person

Re: Interest Check: Survival Horror 2 (now with more violenc

Post by Bandersnatch » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:54 am

Late and always unwanted. D:

All I have to say... This is going to be a fun character, even if she does have a really short projected life span.

Coleen Muirgen
Weight: 48 lbs.
Height: 3 feet, 9 inches (Shorter than YOU, Erin. :o )

Official education: "Yesterday we tried to learn fractions, and, and, and I didn't do so good."

Background: Coleen was the daughter of two math teachers. As luck would have it, she ended up being horrible at math, and even addition seems well beyond her grasp. What did work rather well was her imagination. She could create stories from anything. What worried her parents was that she often confused her stories with reality.
She's always been a tomboy, too. She was the one that, In kindergarten, not only went straight for the "toys for boys," but she would hit boys if they took the toys first. The violent tendencies, combined with a nearly disturbing perception of the world, have left Coleen a bit short-handed in the friends department. She has apparently made some imaginary friends, but they may just be characters in the stories she creates.
Needless to say, her parents are QUITE worried about her, to the point where they wouldn't be very worried at all if something worrying were to happen to her.

Appearance: Coleen is a young girl of Irish descent, and as such, she has freckles. However, contrary to most people of Irish descent, she does not have red hair. In fact, she has blonde hair kept in long pigtails, which doesn't seem very much of Irish descent at all. It looks odd, to boot.
She wears baggy jeans, baggy black t-shirts, and thankfully, not baggy shoes. She does, however, wear Converse sneakers, making her parents further worry that she might fall into that emo crowd.

Possessions: In addition to possessing her clothes, she often carries a Louisville Slugger. She's also known to carry around a yo-yo and a dollar store cap gun. She's quite proficient in all three, especially the yo-yo, as she can do tricks like the Dizzy Baby and the Double Gerbil (I swear, according to Google, these are real yo-yo tricks).
She also has a quarter and a package of bubblegum, which she rarely chews.
"Or even worse are those times when I catch myself trying to twist his message to make it say what I want him to say, and then only hearing that. This can be a very subtle thing, and it is surprising how skillful I can be in doing it. Just by twisting his words a small amount, by distorting his meaning just a little, I can make it appear that he is not only saying the thing I want to hear, but that he is the person I want him to be." -Carl Rogers

Kemchi
Crazy Person

Post by Kemchi » Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:36 pm

Charles "Buck" Lawhorn

Height: 5'9
Weight: 176
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Appearence: He wears slightly tattered jeans over a pair of chuck taylors (stand black hightop) and a black "As i lay dying" shirt under a plain black hoodie.

Background: Charles or Buck to most people, grew up in mid-florida to an average blue-collar family. Buck graduated from UF with a Masters in history and a fair understanding of several languages, mostly european (you'd be surprised how many historic books are in latin and other languages). With this great knowledge at his fingertips he does the only thing that a person his age would do with a great education....he moves to the middle of no-where to help run a radio station. Now he lives out of a 2 room apartment and DJ's when ever it's his shift, it's getting old though maybe he should head back home and make something out of his degree....

Possesions: Lighter (mostly for fun), Multilanguage pocket translator, wallet (4x20 and 3x5), Sunglasses, brass knuckle belt buckle
Just in case you wanna....
Amazon Wishlist
ThinkGeek
Wedding-
Linens N Things
Bed,Bath and Beyond

SunTzu
Crazy Person

Post by SunTzu » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:57 pm

Ey bitches, Sunzizzle is in da house! I comes to take backs my hood! Ya better give me respect or im gonna go OG on ya ass!

Jake Bowmore AKA J-Crash Fizzlemaster, a 17 year old white man. Jake (or J-Crash) is a wannabe gangsta. He wears about 2kg of fake bling bling, and wears a green sweatsuit made by a well known clothes manufacturer owned by a rapper. He wears a red bandana tied around his head. He's also an enthustiastic (if unskilled) skateboarder.

Jake was brought up in an upper middleclass home, with both loving parents around. He has a younger sister, Sarah (14 years old) and a big brother, Michael (21 years old) who is currently serving in the US Airforce, whereabout unknown. Jake had good grades for most of his life, up to a year ago when he started hanging around with a bunch of other wannabes, and started adopting their lifestyle. His parents are very worried, since he's started cursing alot, and is talking strangely. He's also throwing away his allowance on expensive clothes and not so expensive jewlery.
"Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found the exact amount of injustice and wrongdoing which will be imposed on them; and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."
-- Frederick Douglas, 1857

[quote="Skorpion";p="521996"]
Then the head started coming off, so I just left it rammed into a stump.[/quote]

Bandersnatch
Crazy Person

Post by Bandersnatch » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:17 am

Character the second, because he's a lot more neccessary than a little girl.

Benedict Clarke, official title is Father Clarke, but makes it widely known that he prefers to just be called Benedict
Weight: 187 lbs.
Height: 6'3"

Official education: GED, trained as a Roman Catholic priest.
Unofficial education: Several years experience preaching, teaching, and counseling. Through strong interpersonal relationships with followers, he has a small amount of knowledge in a wide variety of fields.

Background: Benedict's always been two things. One is selfless, but this is often poorly carried out. When he was in school, he was suspended multiple times for fighting. However, he had always fought bullies that were, of course, picking on someone nerdy. This could have been a mitigating factor, but he had a penchant for taking a janitor's mop to a bully's head. He stopped relying so much on violence after joining the priesthood, but remembers those days quite well.
The other thing he's always been is a slacker, which is made obvious by the facts that he flunked out of high school when he was 16 and was fired from any job he took because he never worked hard enough. By the age of 19, he was broke, homeless, starving, penniless, and disowned by his parents for being such a disgrace, so he turned to the only place left: His church.
When he was younger, Benedict always had a strong interest in God. He'd always get into debates with the sisters in Sunday school, and he'd bring up unique points of view to his local priest. Remembering this, the church took him in, and he began training as a priest, himself. When he was 20, he finally got his GED, and seven years after that, he was ordained as a diocesan priest of the Kansas Parish.
Being assigned to the Church of St. Stephens in Springdale, he earned a reputation throughout the town as a free-thinking and rather opinionated priest. An oddity of his job, his idea of God changed to fit contradicting ideas, rather than the ideas changed to fit his idea of God. To him, homosexuals were not the devil incarnate. They were people, just like himself, and they have the right to do what they wish, even if they will suffer damnation as a result. "God gave us free will so we CAN make these decisions. Let's not take it away from each other." Obviously, this has not made him the most popular priest in the podunk.
He was, however, quite a good one. He truely loved the people of his town, and tried his best to follow in Christ's footsteps. He was more than generous, and when taken advantage of, he would only smile and tell the person, "I forgive you." When advice was needed, or even just a friendly chat, he gave as much time as he could.
His major downfall was that he was not as well-versed in the Bible as most of his fellow priests, and even some of his followers. His lethargy towards work persisted into priesthood, and people against him would often cite his inability to recall parts of the scriptures.
Overall, at the present day, he is a very down-to-earth yet irrational person. He keeps calm and he has bits and pieces of knowledge on practically anything, but will go to extraordinary lengths to please others (Although, and he's missed the point on this every time, several people would be most pleased if he just left them alone).

Appearance: He wears a black cassock with a white collar, standard fare for his job. He's always seen wearing a silver rosary. His light brown hair is kept short, giving it a fuzzy feel. His eyes are a bright green and often hidden behind the thick lenses of his glasses.

Possessions: Aside from his clothes and rosary, he has a wallet, including ID, a county library card, a social security card, a wallet insert of the Bill of Rights, and just over $10. Technically, he has control over the use of everything within the church, as well.
"Or even worse are those times when I catch myself trying to twist his message to make it say what I want him to say, and then only hearing that. This can be a very subtle thing, and it is surprising how skillful I can be in doing it. Just by twisting his words a small amount, by distorting his meaning just a little, I can make it appear that he is not only saying the thing I want to hear, but that he is the person I want him to be." -Carl Rogers

JonnWood
Crazy Person

Post by JonnWood » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:00 pm

I remember an earlier RE based zombie game.
/me buries face in hands
I was playing such a Mary Sue...why didn't anyone tell me?

Posted Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:02 pm:

[quote="Kemchi";p="583720"]Charles "Buck" Lawhorn

Weight: 176
Eyes: Brown
Appearence: He wears slightly tattered jeans over a pair of chuck taylors (stand black hightop) and a black "As i lay dying" shirt under a plain black hoodie.

Background: Charles or Buck to most people, grew up in mid-florida to an average blue-collar family. Buck graduated from UF with a Masters in history and a fair understanding of several languages, mostly european (you'd be surprised how many historic books are in latin and other languages). With this great knowledge at his fingertips he does the only thing that a person his age would do with a great education....he moves to the middle of no-where to help run a radio station. Now he lives out of a 2 room apartment and DJ's when ever it's his shift, it's getting old though maybe he should head back home and make something out of his degree....

Possesions: Lighter (mostly for fun), Multilanguage pocket translator, wallet (4x20 and 3x5), Sunglasses, brass knuckle belt buckle[/quote]
Ah, yes, the usefulness of a classical education.

Kemchi
Crazy Person

Post by Kemchi » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:08 pm

rofl! don't hate, if those zombies start speaking latin or 12th century portugeuse...i'll be ready! Besides all the good characters were taken =P
Just in case you wanna....
Amazon Wishlist
ThinkGeek
Wedding-
Linens N Things
Bed,Bath and Beyond

JudgeMental
Crazy Person

Post by JudgeMental » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:22 am

This character is based mostly on myself. I added a few years, and swapped out Aikido for staff-weapon skills. Lemme know how it looks.

Alex Burnis

Height: 6'
Weight: 185
Eyes: Dark brown
Hair: Dark brown
Appearence: Not of imposing height, Alex still is a relatively formidable presence. Most of his weight can be found in his upper body. Muscles clearly define unusually broad shoulders; muscles born of natural labor, not weight lifting at the club. His legs, though strong in their own right, can be summed up in one word. "Skinny."

Background: A geek by nature, a farmer by birth. Alex's background is a lesson in dichotomies. On one hand, he is a geek, delving as much as possible into science, books, and the like. On the other hand, because much time was spent on a farm, he has a solid work ethic, and unlike the stereotypical geek, is in good physical condition. His paying jobs have all been of the physical labor type, aiding in keeping him in shape.

A third thread runs through his life as well. He took piano lessons for a number of years. Though he's not pursued studies much over the past five years, he has maintained his skill as time allowed.

As he grew older, he developed an interest in martial arts, thanks to friends. While he was unable to learn as much as he liked, he did take lessons on handling a quarterstaff, becoming fairly proficient. Combined both his interest, and some P.E. credits, what had he to lose?

He graduated college with a degree in electrical engineering. Overall, he is a laid-back fellow, with a mild sense of humor. While not very competitive, he tends to speak what he thinks, for better or for worse. Fortunately, he's not horribly talkative.

Possesions: 7' rod of iron-capped oak, bearing at one end a carefully burned quote, "Speak softly, and carry a big stick." Chapstick, fingernail clippers, clothes on his back.

"HTRN, you've failed. Give up now and praise the awesomeness that is JudgeMental." - Arc Orion

Saurenath
Crazy Person

Post by Saurenath » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:04 pm

Saur

Weight: 169
Eyes: Light Brown
Hair: Dark Brown
Appearence: He generally is working in a bar, wearing a rather tough leather apron (paranoid about getting stabbed in this day and age) a t-shirt, generally with NAVY on it or some such thing and jeans. He is never found without his combat boots or his compass/watch dealy either.

Background: An intelligent teen throughout highschool he found learning a little boring. Big into first person shooters and war simulation games he joined the Navy hoping to get into the Seals and blow shit up...He did exactly that, at 22 he was rising up through the Seals proficient with a sniper rifle and able to blow anything up with the right amount of materials. After a mission in Panama a few years ago that resulted in the capture of Saur and his companions he wanted out. At 36 Saur was out of the Seals a medal of honor to his name but nothing else. He had a lot of trouble re-adjusting and eventually turned to booze and gambling. He got in debt and had no choice but to work it off (not in the gay male hooker kind of way, more the shooting things kind of way)...needless to say he got quite good at getting things done.

Possesions: Gun, 2 clips, 6 inch knife, leg harness for knife, holster for gun + clip, lighter, pipe, pipeweed, cigarettes, wallet, lockpick.

jimkatai
Crazy Person

Post by jimkatai » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:21 pm

Wait let me be clear before I attempt to join. Do I have to work with someone to do it or what cause I can't exactly poof up and exist, right? And I'll be looking into the thread a little bit while I wait for a response. Then I can get on making a character.
Stand in awe of my creativity

mikehendo
Karate Chop!

Post by mikehendo » Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:47 am

well.. pretty much, i can port you in somewhere when there is an opening. An opening could come as soon as tomorrow, or as late as in a few weeks.. It all depends on where the players move to.. Just need a story and basic stats. At this point I am not sure if there is a specific job-type that we need..

Just no god-modding.
Help Fund Free Mammograms
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

jimkatai
Crazy Person

Post by jimkatai » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:47 pm

Name: Adrian Badaeu

Height: 6'5"
Weight: 245 lbs.
Eyes: Light Green

Appearance: Adrian wears thin-rimmed glasses and has short-cropped hair. He has an average build with a slight pouch for a belly. He is a fan of casual dress shirts with a blazer or, in colder weather, a petty coat. He wears dark brown or tan slacks and leather loafers.

Background: Adrian was born and raised in New Orleans. He was raised in an upper-middle class family and went to school as a psychiatrist. Attended Stoneybrook University in New York for a degree in Clinical Psychology and has worked the remainder of his life in a small asylum in Kansas. Beside his expertise in Psychiatry, Adrian has always had an interest in the occult. He has researched and studied the subjects of the paranormal longer than he has been studying psychiatry.

Possessions: A PDA, a cell-phone, a backpack half-filled with a collection of old-looking books, a wallet with $200 dollars and a credit card with a $10,000 limit, A laptop with WiFi, an OSHA First-Aid kit, a cro-bar, and a cattle prod.
Stand in awe of my creativity

JudgeMental
Crazy Person

Post by JudgeMental » Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:38 am

Name: Hung Long
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 145lbs
Bio: Hung Long immigrated from China when he was 29. He barely graduated from a major Chinese culinary school, moving the U.S. to open his own\ Chinese restaurant. Well, him and his best friend, an American exchange student by the name of Randy Bouyz. Moving to Randy's hometown, the two opened a Chinese-American restaurant. It's like any other Chinese joint you may have been to; laden with grease and noodles.

He also has sporadic training in Shaolin and Tai Chi. This, combined with his natural reflexes and hand/eye coordination make him a relatively formidable opponent hand-to-hand. Admittedly he's no expert, but he's not somebody one would want to tangle with willingly.

Unfortunately, languages were never his strong suit. A lot of study and an American roommate aided his understanding of English, but he struggles with actually speaking English. He's understandable under most circumstances, but his clarity rapidly degrades when he's excited.

I should mention he's easily excitable. He also thinks a much greater deal of his cooking skills than he has reason to. Sure, his Chinese-American food is OK, but who knows better?

Concept: Kind of a Mr Nice Guy type fellow (if you've seen the Jackie Chan movie), but more of the nutty sidekick type I see in most martial arts flicks. You know the kind.

"HTRN, you've failed. Give up now and praise the awesomeness that is JudgeMental." - Arc Orion

Honary Hitchhiker
Crazy Person

Re: Interest Check: Survival Horror 2 (now with more violence)

Post by Honary Hitchhiker » Mon May 28, 2007 11:01 pm

Well here goes something...

Thomas Welton
Height: 5'8
Weight: 145.5
Apperance: Has brown hair with the front end spiked up. Wears casual jeans and a plain gray shirt. Wears Converse sneakers (Blue)
Eye Color: Chestnut
Bio: Thomas Welton is a man with a extremly painful and annoying condition. At moments a sharp pain runs up his skull throughout his mind causing nausea dizziness. Forunately there are pills that he takes to keep that maintained. One particular day his pills had run out so he decided to refill his subscribtion of pills at the Walmart. So when he arrived he headed to the pharamcitcal section. Then a thought of going to the restroom occured and he needed to go relieve himself. So he decided to go to the restrooms first. He entered the restroom located the nearest stall. He slipped into closing the door. Then all of a sudden pain struck him and he felt dizzy. Then he blacked out. He woke up with hazy vision and a vague understanding of where he was. He then procceded out of the stall.....

(Note: He wakes up around the time the others arrive.)
~Honary Hitchhiker~
Join this Silent Hill Rpg Forum Today!
Click Me!

Mutt
Crazy Person

Re: Interest Check: Survival Horror 2 (now with more violence)

Post by Mutt » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:39 pm

Oscar Windshield

A kid with a fast and fun filled past. This speed junkie learned to jack cars at the tender age of 8 and has spent the most of the rest of his life behind the wheel. A real speed freak he makes his many in the underground races.

Stats:

Name: Oscar Windshield.
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 12Stone
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brown. Short, Cropped.
Clothing: Jeans, a T-shirt and his "Lucky" Bracelet.
Pockets: Mp3 player, Small philips flat headed screwdriver, and a swiss army knife.

{Preferred starting location: Hospital(Presumably deserted, from what i gather of the story)}