Political Correctness and Other Imaginary Menaces

Perspectives on our world and our universe, how it works, what is happening, and why it happens. Whether by a hidden hand or natural laws, we come together to hash it out, and perhaps provide a little bit of education and enlightenment for others. This is a place for civil discussion. Please keep it that way.
Forum rules
1) Remain civil. Respect others' rights to their viewpoints, even if you believe them to be completely wrong.
2) Sourcing your information is highly recommended. Plagiarism will get you banned.
3) Please create a new thread for a new topic, even if you think it might not get a lot of responses. Do not create mega-threads.
4) If you think the subject of a thread is not important enough to merit a post, simply avoid posting in it. If enough people agree, it will fall off the page soon enough.
FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Re: Political Correctness and Other Imaginary Menaces

Post by FirebirdNC » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:08 pm

This whole thread has made me want to retreat. Why don't you boys just cool off and walk away. Clearly you both have firm opinions the other isn't going to change so why continue bashing each other? Just realize some people don't listen or change their thought process and walk away.
~Insert clever bon mot here~

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Post by FirebirdNC » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:10 pm

~Insert clever bon mot here~

NorthernComfort
Crazy Person

Post by NorthernComfort » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:25 pm

Sunk cost fallacy in action.
"I guess I have a gift for expressing pedestrian tastes. In a way, it's kind of depressing." -Bill Watterson